With anti-bullying week approaching, it is beneficial to understand what services are provided by the team all year round. Bullybusters offer a range of services to aid in the prevention of bullying across the UK. We aim to keep the anti-bullying message at the top of the agenda all year round.
The services on offer include:
Anti-Bullying whole schools approach
Raising awareness of the forms and impact of bullying on EVERYBODY affected.
· Lunchtime surgeries – a booth set up in the dinnerhall offering a ‘drop in’ service for the children
· Parents workshops
Raising awareness of –
· What is bullying
· Types of bullying
· Effects of bullying
· How you can help to stop bullying
· Good friendship
Anti-Bullying Peer Mentor Training
Bullybusters has developed a Peer Mentor training plan, with the aim of enabling young people and children to recognise and appropriately act upon issues of bullying within their peer group.
The training includes:
· A comprehensive training plan for the peer mentors
· A route to reporting any concerns.
· Empowering pupils to make positive changes in their communities.
· Certificates of achievement awarded to participating pupils.
· Follow up sessions for any concerns to be heard
Special events & Specific subjects
As well as carrying out the whole schools approach sessions, Bullybusters can facilitate specific targeted presentation/ workshop in various subjects including:
· Technological/ Cyber bullying, internet safety
· Hate crime
· Who can I talk to
We can tailor our training to the needs of the school. Bullybusters will be happy to support schools in any way we can with raising awareness and fundraising activities.
Confidential free phone helpline
Bullybusters are dedicated to resolving the bullying issues affecting the individual involved and will remain in contact if needed. The helpline provides support to those affected by bullying including young people and carers.
· Informal chat with the concerned person of bullying about who is affecting them and how they have been feeling about it emotionally
· Friends and good role models in the school are asked to become involved in supporting the victim
· Contact school and arrange training
· Listening ear
· Parents, carers, teachers and young people can ring in
BULLYBUSTERS HELPLINE SERVICE
0800 169 6928