Types of bullying
Verbal Bullying : The Bully saying things to you
- Name Calling, not just calling you names but calling your loved one names this can be very hurtful
- Threatening you, by saying an older brother or sister is going’ to hurt you, or they are waiting for you after school.
- Hitting, kicking, biting, scratching, pushing, tripping you up on purpose. Anything that hurts you by touching you is physical bullying. This is also a criminal offence and nobody is allowed to hit you
- Ignoring someone, leaving them out or not allowing them to join in a game
- Spreading Rumours, talking about you behind your back and saying things that are not true
- ‘The bad eyes’, someone glaring or giving you threatening looks, this is very difficult to prove but can be just as distressing
- Internet abuse: Using social networking sites to show picture, embarrass others, set up groups and encourage others to take part in bullying online. This is VERY DANGEROUS as we can give out personal information that can get into the wrong hands.
- Instant Messanger: Bullies can come into our homes and abuse us on IM
- Chat rooms, using chat rooms to spread gossip and hurt peoples feelings
- Abusive text messages, sending nasty text messages and not knowing who they are from
- Happy Slapping, this is when you use a phone or a video camera and film someone being slapped or attacked unknowingly. This is assault and we would always advise you to report any happy slapping incident to the police.
- Silent or abusive phone calls